Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sorry I haven't updated this for awhile but this time I have a really good excuse. You see last weekend I went 4-wheeling & riding dirt bikes & I hurt my leg. I was on the 4-wheeler having a TON of fun when the left wheels got stuck in a big rut. It started to tip a little bit so I put my right leg down to balance myself. The exact moment I did, it got unstuck & took off out of the rut. Unfortunately my leg got sucked in under the wheels & it started to pull me off. I knew instantly that I broke my ankle & insta care confirmed that. I ended up breaking my ankle in 3 places but I also broke the small bone in my leg! Talk about painful! Oh when I went to see my normal dr he said I also tore part of my Achilles tendent but thankfully not too bad.

So this last week I've been on bedrest with my leg up not being able to do much of anything. Of course the apartment is a pig sty now because heaven forbid Paul or the kids actually do any housework. Today is the 1st day I'm allowed to move around a little bit so its cleaning time for me. The really sad part is I cleaned up a little bit in the living room & while my leg is now killing me, you can hardly tell I did anything! I guess its time to crack the whip & make the family help me out. ( haha yeah right)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

OH no! I'm so sorry you got hurt. i say crack that whip and get them to help you out! i hope it heals quickly